Published on March 13th, 2018 | by George McKechnie0
How To Sign Up With Bluehost Web Hosting?
Bluehost is an excellent web hosting company. Bluehost is by far one of my favorite web hosting companies today. By following this Bluehost signup tutorial not only, will you be signed up with Bluehost in just a few minutes but you will receive a free domain name with your Bluehost hosting. Let’s dive in.
1. The first step is to visit Bluehost to get started in signing up and you will see the green get started now button. Click on the button to continue to the next step. You’ll now be on a page that shows Bluehost’s plans, pricing, and features.
2. The most popular plan is the Plus plan as this includes unlimited websites, add-on domains, and bandwidth, storage, and email accounts. If you only need one site, then the basic plan would be a great option. You can always upgrade to the plus or pro plan at a later date. Once you find the Bluehost plan that works best for you just hit the select button on the plan to continue to the next step.
3. You now want to choose a domain name for your site. What’s awesome is you will get a free domain name with your Bluehost web hosting. You will see on the left-hand side a box where you can put in the domain name you would like free and then you can select the domain extension like .com, .net, .org, etc. This is the domain extension most people associate sites with. If you already have a domain name, then you just need to enter it in over in the box on the right-hand side. Click next to continue to the next step.
4. One thing to keep in mind is if your domain name is not with Bluehost you will want to change your nameservers to point to Bluehost with whatever company you are using for your domain name. Bluehost’s friendly customer service team can quickly assist you with this via chat, phone, or email. You now want to input your account information with your name, contact details, etc.
5. Next, you will see plan options to select. You can purchase your Bluehost web hosting for 12 months, 24 months, 36 months, and 60 months. You will notice the longer you buy your hosting for the better discount you will get with your web hosting.
6. You will see some extra services that might be selected consisting of Site Lock Domain Security, Site Backup Pro, Search Engine Jumpstart, and Domain Privacy. I recommend that you consider domain privacy. This will keep your contact information private so it’s not out on the web for telemarketers or marketers to get a hold of to call you and bug you about services they offer. The other three add-ons’ really aren’t necessary. If you plan on using WordPress for your site there are free alternatives that work just as great but this is entirely up to you.
7. The final step in joining with Bluehost is to fill completely your billing data. When you enter your billing data, tap on the next button. You have now successfully signed up for Bluehost web hosting. Once you have purchased your Bluehost web hosting, you will receive a receipt via the email address you provided. You will also be emailed your login credentials for Bluehost’s control panel which is also known as CPanel.